Wednesday 13 August 2014

Rendezvous with The Waterboys - York Barbican


Went to see one of my favourite bands last week (6th), The Waterboys who returned to York.
The support guy, Freddie Stevenson was pretty good.

Was very excited to enjoy another couple of hours with The Waterboys although I have to say the sound quality on the night was a little over loud to the level of sounding muffled and blurry. I know it's not me just getting old because I've seen them at this venue before and couldn't fault the sound but this time something was different, either the way the roadies were mixing it or the amplifier was cranked up too high. Shame as the guys seemed to be having a ball and giving it their all as usual.
Don't get me wrong though I thoroughly enjoyed it.

They had a new guy on keyboards, Brother Paul from Nashville, he was quite a dude in his white 1970's flared suit and purple velvet cap.

Some pics




No comments: