Monday 29 September 2014

Retro fabric design for this weeks Spoonflower contest & other fabric designs

It's been quite a while since I entered a Spoonflower fabric design contest. This weeks challenge was chairs & tables and in my back catalogue of designs I had a retro chair fabric which I always felt lacked a bit of oomph (see pic below) so I decided to rework it.


I immediately considered a new colour palette and also a few new design elements, colour is the quickest way to ring changes and by the time I had added some new drawings it started to take shape and turn into a more retro kitchen style fabric which I was pleased with.

The contest entry I've gone for is the bright yellow version although with hindsight I think the brown version is probably my favourite.






Also reworked this last week was another of my butterfly waltz fabric designs.


It's been a busy few days with Spoonflower stuff as I took delivery of some crepe de chine scarves I've had printed with an assortment of my designs. I'm in the process of preparing them, some are having hand rolled edges and others I'm backing with a contrasting fabric, also embellishing the blue flowery one with beads and sequins. Results later when I'm all done.




4 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I love your chair pattern, it reminds me of the kind of curtains we would have had on the kitchen windows in the sixties! I too love the brown. :)
Your scarves are brilliant too!!
V x

lavender attic said...

Have to say I like the original fabric design too! Love the orange and yellow scarf design.

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

these are all just awesome, I love the brown stools too though I must admit I am very drawn to both the pink stools and the pink caravans

patty said...

Really appreciate the good feedback about my designs, thank you all :) Update, I didn't do very well in the design contest :(