Sunday 5 October 2014

Logo for local WW2 Memorial

October all ready, I think that's the end of summer and the fine weather which I've been hanging on to, it's gone so quickly.

A couple of months ago I was asked by a local community group to design an RAF style logo for a memorial they are planning at Carnaby near Bridlington.
The particular airfield at Carnaby the memorial represents operated what was called a FIDO system, Fog Investigation and Dispersal Operation which was in simple terms a flame lit runway were the heat lifted the fog and provided light for the bombers to land safely. 

Anyway on the logo they wanted Lancaster Bombers and the flame lit runway.
Here are my designs, the one they choose is the last one shown here, not necessarily my favourite but they were very happy with that.




2 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What an honour Sally to be asked to do something so special and you did them proud, your designs are amazing. I don't know how they chose they're all brilliant!
V x

patty said...

Thanks Vivienne, you know I really enjoyed doing them which is why I got a bit carried away and I wanted them to have something fitting. Someone else had had a go designing it before me but sadly it was a bit shoddy & disappointing for them so they came to me and then the pressure was on to deliver.