Friday 27 February 2015

Fabric contest, more neckwarmers and the motorway mermaid

Strange sort of month, not the best so pleased it's nearly done.

I very quickly knocked up a fabric design for this weeks Spoonflower contest as I've not joined in for ages, the subject was Cubist Cats. Loads of entries as cats are always popular, here's mine.






More neckwarmers have been crocheted as it's still blooming freezing in the house and you can't have too many neckwarmers!






Another flying visit north and a quick shot of the motorway mermaid at Cumbernauld, like the colours on this one compared to shots I've had of her before.


And finally, a little treat out with a birthday meal and a belated Christmas meal for me and my friend. We tried a new Italian in Beverley and it was very nice. Like the colours lighting the bandstand in the market place. Makes it look sort of icy and it certainly was a chilly night.



4 comments:

Rustic Vintage Country said...

I love that fabric and good luck with it! It's amazing how much a neck warmer can help body temperature, they really do help stay warm. Suzy x

patty said...

Quite agree, a neckwarmer makes me feel so much warmer.

Shaheen said...

Good luck the contest. I am loving those neck warmers, each one is gorgeous. I used to love driving past the motorway mermaid, how she glistened when the lights fell upon her. The last picture is kinda magical too, thanks for sharing such electric colours. Hope your well. I keep meaning to write, but I've got loads on and I wish it to be a quality e mail, rather than a passing by one. So please be patient and take care my lovely friend.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe Sally, I LOVE your cats, they're brilliant!! :)
Goodness you have been busy with the neck warmers, I couldn't agree more something around your neck always keeps everything warm.
Lovely photos,
V x