Monday 14 September 2015

My fabric to celebrate the wonderful city of York



Here's a project which I got stuck into rather last minute and I've been beavering away creating digital illustrations for the last few days.

I spotted a fabric design competition on PrintMePretty to design a fabric to illustrate 'My Town', in my case I've taken that to mean my favourite local place which is York.

This has been a great excuse to do some illustrations which may have use in other projects too.

King's Sq below

The legend that is Guy Fawkes!

Bootham Bar


You can't mention York without thinking of it's chocolate heritage!


The city walls

There are a few more illustrations of notable landmarks which I have now thrown together to create my York fabric for the competition.

It looks like this, the white background version is the one I have entered. If you felt inclined to fancy voting for my design I believe there are 2 ways to do it, either by leaving a comment on the PrintMePretty blog post when it goes live in a couple of days and you would find the blog page from this link

http://www.printmepretty.co.uk/

Or the other way is to look up the Print Me Pretty page on Facebook and when they show the designs in a couple of days you can like the ones you fancy :)


I created some different colour versions in small and large repeats. I'm thinking the pink one might make a fun table cloth in a vintage style tea shop in York.






1 comment:

Weaveron Textile said...

Awesome tutorial.

click here: https://www.weaveron.com